Foods Derived from Biotechnology – the USDA/FDA Conundrum
- Learn about the various agency roles under the Coordinated Framework for Regulation of Biotechnology.
- Analyze the interplay between FDA’s voluntary plant biotechnology consultation program and the USDA’s part 340 program for certain genetically engineered plants.
- Explore the regulatory pathway for ingredients produced with genetically engineered organisms.
- Understand the USDA/FDA proposed framework for regulating cell-cultured food products.
- Examine the FDA’s current process for regulating intentional genomic alterations in food producing animals.
Ann M. Begley, Partner, Wiley LLP
This session was recorded as part of FDLI’s Virtual Introduction to Food Law and Regulation Course in September 2022.
- +$100 for nonmembers
Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge are not supported by the checkout process.
Please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you are unable to use these browsers, please contact us at 202-371-1420 or [email protected] and we will assist you.
Virtual Learning FAQ