Coordinator of Stakeholder Engagement
REPORTS TO: Director, Membership & Stakeholder Engagement
DATE OF POSITION DESCRIPTION: August 6, 2020
The Food and Drug Law Institute (FDLI) seeks a Coordinator of Stakeholder Engagement to join our team.
The Coordinator of Stakeholder Engagement plays an important role in promoting robust racially and ethnically diverse pipelines for those entering the food and drug law profession; and for organizations and individuals interested in becoming members of FDLI. The position reports to the Director, Membership & Stakeholder Engagement and supports the Manager, Membership and Data Analytics. The Membership Department of FDLI works in a team-based approach focused on successfully achieving the goals of the department. FDLI has 20 full-time staff and is headquartered in Washington, DC.
Because of the COVID Pandemic all FDLI staff are working remotely, however it is possible this position may return to being based in Washington, DC.
- Keep abreast and maintain online directory of internship/fellowship opportunities in the food and drug law profession
- Schedule and prepare materials for meetings with senior level executives, law partners, academic administrators, or government officials regarding FDLI membership
- Deliver exceptional customer service in responding to phone and email inquiries on membership
- Manage stakeholder/membership prospects tracking systems
- Research stakeholder organizations
- Coordinate membership/stakeholder in-person and virtual events
- Assist in the development of programs to increase the racial and ethnic diversity of the FDLI membership and those entering the food and drug law profession
- Support the maintenance and development of member/stakeholder management systems and reports
- Support the membership renewal process
- Maintain virtual mentorship program to promote racial and ethnic diversity in the food and drug law profession
- Collaborate with other departments to keep abreast of new programs and benefits available to members
- Engage in cross departmental support during peak program times and events
- Perform other duties as assigned consistent with the goals of FDLI
HERE’S WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE TACKLED IN THE PAST WEEK:
- Connect a law student to a FDLI member organization’s internship program
- Research a law school to identify professors or departments that may be interested in being provided course material on food and drug law
- Arrange a meeting with a conference attendee for the CEO or Director of Membership and Stakeholder Engagement
- Prepare a personalized packet of information for a prospective member meeting
- Solicit testimonial statements to use on the website and in promotional materials
- Reply to email/phone calls from members/stakeholders with questions related to becoming involved with FDLI
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-3 years of public-facing service/sales/internship experience
- Comfortable interacting with a diverse set of senior level executives, law partners, academic administrators, or government officials
- Experience meeting the needs of a diverse group of constituent organizations
- Detail oriented, strong time management, organizational skills, and multitasking abilities
- Ability to prioritize, plan, schedule effectively, and balance changing priorities
- Professional demeanor and desire to work in a team environment
- Sense of humor
- Microsoft Office experience
FDLI offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package. This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected]. Please include “Coordinator of Stakeholder Engagement” in the subject line.
No phone calls.
The Food and Drug Law Institute (FDLI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit membership organization that offers education, training, publications, and professional engagement opportunities in the field of food and drug law. As a neutral convener, FDLI provides a venue for stakeholders to inform innovative public policy, law, and regulation. FDLI’s scope covers all industries regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and related agencies and authorities in the U.S. and globally, including drugs, medical devices, biologics, food, dietary supplements, cosmetics, veterinary, tobacco and nicotine products, and cannabis-derived products.
FDLI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability (physical or mental), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity (including transgender and transitioning status), genetic information, veteran or military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and promote a drug-free environment.