The FDLI Rising Star Awards honors FDLI members who exhibit a commitment to the food and drug community and who have demonstrated remarkable talents at an early stage of their careers in FDA-regulated fields.
Award winners are selected from a competitive field of finalists who are nominated by FDLI members, Board members, and government employees. The Awards Selection Committee convenes each year to review nominations and select the winners, who must be FDLI members or government employees.
The nomination period is open and will close March 16, 2024. Awards will be presented at the FDLI Annual Conference, May 15-16, 2024.
Criteria for FDLI Rising Star Award
- Nominees should be relatively new to the food and drug law profession. This is defined as having generally no more than 10 years of work experience in the profession.
- Nominees should have demonstrated excellence in their work and have made a positive contribution to the field of food and drug law.
- Nominees should have demonstrated a commitment to professionalism and ethical behavior in their work as well as a commitment to the FDLI values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and a spirit of community.
- Nominees should have demonstrated leadership skills and shown the ability, and or, potential, to lead teams and projects effectively.
- Nominees should have published articles, presented at conferences, or otherwise contributed to the field of food and drug law through their thought leadership.
- Nominees should have demonstrated involvement in the food and drug law community through active participation in FDLI or other relevant activities.
- Listing of achievements should not be limited to only one organization. Cumulative accomplishments, both vocational and avocational, will be considered.
- Any member of the food and drug law community may make nominations.
- Nominators can make as many nominations as they wish. Individuals may nominate themselves.
- A nominee may serve on a FDLI Committee, but may not currently serve on the Awards Selection Committee.