2013 FDLI International Conference
China-US Updates in Food and Drug Law
October 15 - 16 | Beijing, China
Join the Food and Drug Law Institute (FDLI) for a two-day conference where government officials and internationally renowned experts will discuss pharmaceutical, medical device and food law, regulation and policy in China and the United States. The conference will focus on updates in regulations, business opportunities and policy challenges to producing safe products and promoting the public health.
If you attended FDLI’s first China-US Conference in 2011, you know that this unique program provided an opportunity to learn about regulatory developments and to network for future cooperative ventures. The 2013 conference will offer even more practical discussion about the enormous amount of changes in food and drug law in both countries, including the impact of the historic Food Safety and Modernization Act (FSMA) and major changes on the horizon for China's Food and Drug Administration.
China is an established world player in the pharmaceutical, medical device and food space. From smaller startups to multinationals, companies are staking a foothold in the region. Understanding the China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA) and other Chinese regulatory bodies, including the importance of the potential creation of a superagency to monitor food safety, is essential to understanding the Chinese market. At this meeting, you’ll hear first-hand about:
- The creation of a new agency that could dramatically affect the manufacturing and importation of food in China.
- Why the medical device industry in China is viewed as an incredible growth area for both Chinese and multi-national companies.
- The necessity of having a local partner if you want to manufacture pharmaceuticals in China.
- Why importation of food, drug and medical devices into the United States is more complex than ever.
- Success stories of doing business in China — directly from the manufacturers.
We’ve taken the best from our first conference in China, US-China Food and Drug Law - Ensuring Quality, Improving Safety, Expanding Access, and made it even more useful and worthwhile for attendees in 2013.
Who Should Attend
- Regulatory and Government Affairs, Business Development, Global Strategy, Corporate Planning, and Safety and Compliance staff of multi-national food, pharmaceutical, dietary supplement and medical device companies doing business or planning to do business in China.
- Representatives of Chinese food, pharmaceutical and medical device companies or those who wish to partner with these companies
- Food, Drug and Device Attorneys
- Government Officials
- Food, Drug and Device Industry Consultants