Cover the other agencies and entities that govern and impact advertising and promotion of medical products.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Authority
- National Advertising Division (NAD)
- Interactions with SEC
- Lanham Act
- False Claims Act, Qui tam Actions, and Anti-Kickback Statute
- State Actions and Consumer Class Actions
- PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals
- AdvaMed Code of Ethics
- Sunshine Act
Heather Banuelos, Counsel, King & Spalding LLP
This session was recorded as part of FDLI’s Virtual Introduction to Advertising and Promotion for Medical Products Course in October 2022.