Explore the essentials of food law and regulation and gain a comprehensive understanding of the various administrative agencies that impact these industries. Learn about pending regulations, food safety, food labeling, enforcement, and related issues. Case studies, hypotheticals, and ample time for discussion are provided.
- Organizational structure of the FDA
- Concepts and statutes in food law and regulation, and the relationship between state and federal jurisdiction
- Principles of food labeling requirements and litigation risks as shaped by FDA, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and class action litigation
- Role of inspection and enforcement authorities and practical steps toward compliance
- Food safety frameworks, including review of Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) final rules and guidance for industry
- International issues that affect food law and regulation in the United States
- Dietary supplement oversight and the regulation of cosmetics
- Federal Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act)
- Federal Meat, Poultry, and Egg Products Inspections
- Federal Trade Commission 15 U.S. C. § 41 et. seq.
- Lanham Act – 15 U.S.C. §1051 et seq.
These valuable takeaways will be provided onsite:
Who Should Attend
- New legal and regulatory professionals
- Seasoned practitioners new to the topic or wanting a refresher