The premier conference for the food and drug law community, the FDLI Annual Conference addresses every product category regulated by FDA. The two-day event will cover the latest in legal, regulatory, and policy issues by bringing together experts from the federal government, industry, the private bar, non-profit, patient and consumer advocates, consulting organizations, and academia.
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of the dialogue by joining more than 800 colleagues and clients in food and drug law to hear different viewpoints, shape policy, and advance understanding
- Hear FDA’s 2018 strategic priorities directly from the Commissioner and leadership of FDA’s six product Centers
- Select from nearly 30 breakout sessions covering the latest in legal, regulatory, compliance, policy, marketing, and related issues
- Learn from more than 100 well-known officials and experts in the federal government, industry, private bar, patient and consumer advocacy groups, consulting organizations, and academia
- Network and build relationships with seasoned professionals from numerous fields including law, regulatory, compliance, marketing/advertising, and management
- Hear from the FDA Commissioner, Chief Counsel, Center Directors, and other key leaders within the Agency
- Briefing on the Top 10 Cases in Food and Drug Law in 2017 and 2018 and cases to watch in the upcoming year
- Networking Lunch with Substantive Table Discussion offering the choice of a wide variety of timely and topical issues and engage in conversation with other conference participants
Call for Proposals
The Conference addresses the latest issues in legal, regulatory, compliance, policy, and marketing in all facets of the food and drug law industry. In-depth discussions and analyses will cover a wide variety of timely topics that impact the food and drug law community from not only the FDA perspective, but also other agencies that have a hand in regulating these products.
We invite you to assist in building the program by submitting a topic that you would like to see addressed during the Conference. Multiple submissions from one submitter and/or organization can be accepted – please fill out a form for each topic you would like to submit. Your time and input is appreciated.
Proposal Submission Timeline
- November 8: Call for Proposals closes.
- Mid-January: Those who submitted proposals will be notified of their submission’s status.
- Speaking opportunities are reserved for FDLI members and submission of a proposal does not guarantee a speaking opportunity.
- Please keep in mind all submissions will be treated as suggestions. Proposals may be modified or combined to best suit the needs of our audience.
- All submissions must be received through the submission portal.
Do You Qualify for a Complimentary or Discounted Registration?
Member manufacturers, suppliers and distributors with more than $1 billion in sales as well as member law firms get one complimentary registration as part of their annual membership dues.
Member manufacturers, suppliers and distributors with less than $1 billion in sales get one registration at 50% off as part of their annual membership dues.
2018 Planning Committee
Director, Federal Affairs, Johnson & Johnson
Of Counsel, Ballard Spahr LLP
Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
FDLI applies for CLE credits in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. These CLE approvals may also be honored by other states; please check with your bar association for guidance. The CLE credits will be posted as they are granted and you can request to be notified when approval is received.
Location and Overnight Accommodations
Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20004
Business attire is suggested and some meeting rooms may have cooler temperatures.
Please contact the Conference Department with any accessibility requirements or dietary restrictions, or for other questions.