The Food and Drug Law Institute (FDLI) is a nonprofit membership organization that offers education, training, publications, and professional engagement opportunities in the field of food and drug law. As a neutral convener, FDLI provides a venue for stakeholders to inform innovative public policy, law, and regulation. FDLI’s scope covers all industries regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and related agencies and authorities in the U.S. and globally, including drugs, medical devices, biologics, food, dietary supplements, cosmetics, cannabis, veterinary, and tobacco products.
FDLI seeks a Publications Coordinator to serve as a key member of FDLI’s Publications team. FDLI publishes resources for practitioners, scholars, students, policy makers, and others interested in food and drug law policy. The materials offer timely coverage of emerging issues, policy debates, scholarly research, and practice guidance. This position is responsible for supporting the organization’s process for publishing these resources, including Update Magazine, the Food and Drug Law Journal, and up to three books per year. This position also supports programs such as the Food and Drug Law Journal Symposium, the H. Thomas Austern Writing Competition, Author Happy Hours, and other training courses. The position reports to the Director, Innovative Programs and Publications.
FDLI is a hybrid work environment composed of a strong, supportive, and close team of twenty-one professionals. FDLI has a primarily remote office environment. While employees generally work from an approved home office or similar remote location, all FDLI employees will have certain workdays in the FDLI office or Washington, DC region, as necessary to meet the needs of the organization and position. It is expected this position will attend all major in-person conferences in addition to FDLI staff events scheduled throughout the year.
- Support the overall mission of FDLI publications by maintaining crucial tracking databases for Update Magazine and the Food and Drug Law Journal
- Update and maintain author and editor volunteer records
- Facilitate submitted articles through the entire peer review process
- Collaborate with FDLI’s leadership, members, staff, committee members, and subject matter experts to identify, select, and expand publications needs
- Attend and write summaries of committee meeting conference calls
- Answer publication queries by email and phone
- Provide accurate and timely information to the marketing department to ensure successful promotion of publications
- Conduct, when necessary, assessments to identify publication needs in the area of food and drug law
- Manage digital platform that hosts annual law student writing competition
- Bachelor’s degree required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Previous experience working in publications is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Time management skills, including organizational skills, multitasking abilities, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong editing skills
- Exceptional listener even under stressful situations
FDLI offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package. This is a full-time position.
FDLI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability (physical or mental), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity (including transgender and transitioning status), genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and salary requirements to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: