Manager, Marketing and Communications
The Food and Drug Law Institute (FDLI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit membership organization that offers education, training, publications, and professional engagement opportunities in the field of food and drug law. As a neutral convener, FDLI provides a venue for stakeholders to inform innovative public policy, law, and regulation. FDLI’s scope covers all industries regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and related agencies and authorities in the U.S. and globally, including drugs, medical devices, biologics, food, dietary supplements, cosmetics, veterinary, tobacco and nicotine products, and cannabis-derived products.
FDLI is a hybrid work environment composed of a strong, supportive, and close team of twenty-one professionals, who communicate primarily through video calls. While employees have the discretion to work from an approved home office or similar remote location, all FDLI employees will have certain workdays in the FDLI office or Washington, DC region, as necessary to meet the needs of the organization.
The Manager, Marketing and Communications provides reports, guidance and the frameworks for communication and marketing to both members and target markets. This position reports to the Director, Membership and Stakeholder Engagement and, in conjunction with, is responsible for the overall management of developing marketing plans for FDLI programs, publications, and membership packages, and the creation of automated marketing pipelines for routine operations. In addition, this position will work with the Manager, Marketing to develop an integrated social media presence through the organization’s current social media channels.
This position is a key connector between the data operations of the membership team and the marketing team in the development of targeted market campaigns. In addition, this position works with all other teams at FDLI in achieving their goals of ensuring our members are aware of FDLI’s full catalog of offerings, while also building new marketing campaigns that will expose new markets to FDLI’s offerings. This position requires highly effective communication and writing skills, demonstrated professionalism, and attention to detail.
- Manage the development of marketing plan templates for all FDLI activities, including, but not limited to, conferences, publications and membership campaigns.
- Building the initial analysis of reports to evaluate the effectiveness in marketing and membership activities that include proposed interventions to increase effectiveness of activities.
- Grow and maintain social media presence for the organization, including developing content in a variety of medias and amplifying our in-person content through these This position will be expected to attend a majority of in-person events (most events in the DC metro area).
- In conjunction with FDLI’s web team, ensure website is integrated into marketing plans and fully
- Development of automated Marketing Pipelines/Pathways for FDLI programs, publications, and membership packages. These may include event conversions, member prospect pipeline, new member onboarding pathway, and re-engagement pathways for both members and non-members.
- Evaluation and refinement of demographics for specific groups in order to develop messaging themes tailored specifically to each group.
1015 15th St NW, Suite 300 | Washington, DC 20005 | P. 202-371-1420 | fdli.org
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in program oversight preferred, especially with a focus on marketing and communications.
- Prior experience with Marketo and Salesforce
- Proven ability to manage workflows in a team-based
- Strong organizational and interpersonal
Other than in cases with medical or religious exemption, candidate must be fully vaccinated and/or boosted against COVID-19 in accordance with CDC guidelines.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.
FDLI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability (physical or mental), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity (including transgender and transitioning status), genetic information, veteran or military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace.