EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS COORDINATOR
The Food and Drug Law Institute (FDLI) is a nonprofit membership organization that offers education, training, publications, and professional engagement opportunities in the field of food and drug law. As a neutral convener, FDLI provides a venue for stakeholders to inform innovative public policy, law, and regulation. FDLI’s scope covers all industries regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and related agencies and authorities in the U.S. and globally, including drugs, medical devices, biologics, food, dietary supplements, cosmetics, cannabis, veterinary, and tobacco products.
The Educational Programs Coordinator is an integral role and works with the Educational Programs team to manage the day-to-day administrative activities associated with a range of conferences, webinars, courses, and other events as well as independently plan and carry out webinars. The position is part of a small team who design all FDLI’s conferences, courses, and webinars. The position reports to the Director, Educational Programs.
The Educational Programs Coordinator works directly with FDLI members throughout the process of designing food and drug law programs. This position provides an excellent opportunity to learn about the field of FDA law and non-profit governance.
FDLI is a hybrid work environment composed of a strong, supportive, and close team of twenty-one professionals, who communicate primarily through video calls. While employees have the discretion to work from an approved home office or similar remote location, all FDLI employees will have certain workdays in the FDLI office or Washington, DC region, as necessary to meet the needs of the organization. While the hybrid work environment is still evolving, it is expected this position will attend all major in-person conferences in addition to FDLI staff events scheduled throughout the year.
- Schedule planning calls on behalf of program lead, for webinars, conferences, and courses
- Attend and write summaries of planning calls and send directly to those involved in the call
- Lead conference table topic session topic formulation and discussant selection at relevant conferences
- Data generation and analysis of educational programs to assess trends and pinpoint future directions
- Update and maintain speaker and volunteer records
- Collaboration with FDLI staff to carry out duties related to course, webinar, and conference execution
- Additional duties as required
HERE’S WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE TACKLED IN THE PAST WEEK:
- Scheduled and attended conference calls with high-level attorneys and industry experts for sessions occurring at an upcoming conference.
- Prepared and distributed call summaries for call participants
- Updated speaker contact information, created speaker records in the database, and added speakers to upcoming conference agendas
- Proofread program agenda for consistency and adherence to FDLI guidelines and cross-checked changes with other resources
- Generated a report of past conferences and assessed the data to determine attendance trends
- Prepared key speaker invitations
- Attended an FDLI conference and assisted with monitoring panel sessions
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Detail oriented – must be able to keep track of multiple conferences and events at once
- Strong time management, organizational skills, and multitasking abilities
- Ability to prioritize, plan, schedule effectively, and balance changing priorities
- Professional demeanor and desire to work in a team environment
- Sense of humor
- Exceptional listening
- Microsoft Office experience
FDLI offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package. This is a full-time position.
FDLI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability (physical or mental), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity (including transgender and transitioning status), genetic information, veteran or military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: