Cover the other agencies and entities that govern and impact advertising and promotion of medical products.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Authority
- National Advertising Division (NAD)
- Interactions with SEC
- Lanham Act
- False Claims Act, Qui tam Actions, and Anti-Kickback Statute
- State Actions and Consumer Class Actions
- PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals
- AdvaMed Code of Ethics
August Horvath, Partner, Foley Hoag LLPMichael Smith, Managing Member, Michael F. Smith Law, PLLC
This session was recorded as part of FDLI’s Virtual Introduction to Advertising and Promotion for Medical Products Course in October 2021.